Saturday, November 4, 2017

MUSICAL PREFERENCE


This might be shocking. But between the two Stanley Donen directed, Gene Kelly starring films. I have actually seen. I prefer IT'S ALWAYS FAIR WEATHER over ON THE TOWN. Maybe it's just that during and after the film. You see the hard work put into the choreography and musical numbers and afterwards we actually see the heavy breathing, out of breath and general fatigue. I know it's against Hollywood to show the work and not make it seem effortless but that might be why I admire the film. It also has a more interesting story line that leaves room for comedy and a bit of drama.


I see 'FAIR WEATHER as more an acoustic version. That isn't as polished it's not effortless in performance. Doesn't have the same amount of sheen. Even though both are universal. FAIR WEATHER seems to have more of an underdog status. As it isn't as celebrated.

No comments: